Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Overmanaging

I've been severely over-managing my fantasy baseball team the first few weeks of this young season. Last year, most of my guys got off to par to above par starts. However, this year has been different and I'm getting impatient.

Robinson Cano has been cold as ice, Victor Martinez has been struggling with a hammy problem, Jimmy Rollins dealing with his ankle, Eric Bedard his hip, Roy Oswalt and Chad Billingsley are just dealing with the fact that their teams will never give them run support, Justin Verlander....ugh..I don't even want to discuss Detroits problems right now. It just seems like the list is endless.

I've been frantically trying to make a trade. I'm especially wanting to dump off Ben Sheets while his stock is high. The problem is that all the other owners in the league are knowledgeable and know that Sheets is probably only good for 10-15 sta)rts (if I'm lucky) and sure they'd like to have him, but no they are not going to come off a keeper to get him.

However, when I take a look back, my team is good. And as shitty as they have been, I'm still about middle of the pack and by no means out of it. My lineup is solid. V. Martinez is a hitting machine. Teixeira is one of the best power men at the 1B spot, Cano is a hitting machine when he heats up, Garret Atkins likewise. Rollins is one of the baddest mofos on the planet and my OF aint' so bad either with Markakis (love), Adam Jones, Matsui, Hamilton, and crew.

My pitchers are pretty good too if they stay healthy. I probably have the 3rd best pitching staff in the league and the 2nd-3rd best hitting staff. My pitchers are power man Erik Bedard (hurting and struggling a bit), Ben Sheets (pitching like God on Crack right now), Verlander (could use a better team/manager, but there is no way Detroit can keep losing...he's winning 20 this year when they get in the groove), Oswalt (declining, but still good, but also still on a terrible team), and Chad Billingsley (young and had an awesome outting last time in a losing effort).

My farm team could use a little work, but overall, I'm happy with my lineup. I just need to leave it alone and let them do their thing.

0 comments: