Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Positive

I guess you've noticed the content of this blog has shifted a bit. I've gone from poker content to baseball content to "what the fuck is he writing about now?" content. I'm not sure if this is good or bad from a reader's standpoint. My traffic volumes are low compared to many blogs out there and my reader base might be more fragile than others. The fact though is that I do this blog for me. And if someone is entertained in the process, wonderful!

Over the next few months the blog will contain less and less poker content, but more and more positive life aspects. I'm working on being a better person in life. I'm cutting out all the poisons that have affected me in the past such as alcohol, drugs, television, overall negativity, fast food, and even the people that bring me down.

Over the next few months, hopefully you will notice a change in the attitude of this blog. Instead of having a morbid, negative feel, hopefully all my writings will be more positive and motivating to my readers.

The truth is that I get depressed every winter. This winter seemed particularly hard with my struggles with money, poker, and living out of my comfort zone. I coped by locking myself up in the house feeling sorry for myself. I always wondered when something bad happened, "Why me?". It's easy to see why me. I didn't do anythign to help myself. I just sit around waiting for something to happen.

Here are my goals I want to accomplish by summer's end:

- Completely kick the fast food habit and lose 40-50 lbs.
- Be completely sober, alcohol and drug free and this includes nicotine
- Exercising regularly
- Have a positive outlook on life

I feel that if I can just make my life more positive and I take more of a pro-active approach to anything I try, then I will do well in life. This includes my poker game, investing, even my golf and bowling game!

I've realized over the past few months that the mind is a very powerful thing. If you can control your mind, it can control your life. If I go into every day with a negative mindset, then negative things will happen. If I just dont' allow my mind to focus on the negatives such as the nicotine withdrawls or whatever, then I won't really even notice. I have to be strong.

0 comments: