Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Dice Man


I just made the first blockbuster trade of the season in our Fantasy League. I feel pretty awesome about the trade and I feel like I'm getting the better end of the deal by a long shot. The trade:

I get: Daisuke Matsuzaka, Matt Cain, Dustin Pedroia (Farm), and Adam Lind (Farm)

Other team gets: Ben Sheets, Roy Oswalt, Daniel Cortes (Farm)

I have until 9:30 p.m. before it's official. The other owners can veto the trade and one has already voted to veto it. However, 3 of the 8 teams must veto before 9:30 and I don't think that will happen, but you never know.

Of course, the centerpiece of this trade is the Dice Man. He's a pitching machine, fairly young, and exciting to watch. Matt Cain is probably the best pitcher in the National League that can't win 12 games in a year (because the Giants are horrible), but I can start him when there is a favorable matchup. I will leave Pedroia on the farm for a while or use him as trade bait because I have Robinson Cano who is just a pure hitter when he gets warmed up (never hit below .298 in his career).

I'm starting to love my pitching:

- Erik Bedard (15 Day DL right now, but a strikeout stud)
- Justin Verlander (The tigers have started to win a few)
- Tim Hudson (got beat up a bit last night, but solid the rest of the year)
- Daisuke Matsuzaka
- Chad Billingsley (young guy with good stuff)

I also have Micah Owings locked up on the bench because of the tear he's been on this year and Homer Bailey waiting on Cincy to give him the call or better yet, trade him.

I moved up a spot in the standings last night, but now that I'm happy with my lineup, I'm ready to move up to the top!

0 comments: