Friday, April 11, 2008

Poker blogs are ghey

I have been trying to catch up on some of my RSS feeds lately which include more than several poker blogs that I read on a regular basis. However, after today, I really feel that I can slim that down a lot. Poker blogs aren't what they used to be and now are just pretty much gay.

I spent probably a week and a half away from all my blogs because I was too busy watching baseball, playing Oblivion, hanging with friends, bowling, painting, and playing guitar. Then today I decided I need to catch up before they get too overbearing. You know what I found out? I didn't miss a damn thing. Here is your average poker blog these days:



  • XXXX is a donkey. He pushed all in with XX and my XX got beat
  • XXXX, YYYY, ZZZZ, and the crew from WWWW all got together and got drunk and acted like donkies.
  • I don't play poker anymore, but I still have a blog and can call XXXX a donkey
  • Obama is God cause he's half honkey and all donkey



So basically, it's all the same shit over and over. What happened to the good old days of strategy posts by HDouble and DoubleAs? I remember reading about awesome home games and live games. I remember reading about the higher stakes players bringing in nightly totals that sometimes doubled my yearly salary. These were so fun to read.

Now, I'm sure there are plenty of good blogs out there and I do have plenty good ones in my RSS folders, but the amount of crap is far outweighing the good stuff (this blog included).

0 comments: