Monday, April 28, 2008

Beware: Poker Content within (and more)

I'm up in Cleveland. This is my first time in this city. Just like every other city in Ohio, I hate it. It's cold, dark, rainy, and the traffic sucks. I'm going to spend the next 3 days couped up in this motel room just cause I'm miserable anyway. That is, unless I can score some free tix to The Jake.

I got a new friend request on Facebook, which I don't use very often. I didn't recognize the guy, but saw he was a poker player. It looks like there are a series of tournaments in the area called the E.S.O.P. They run all games, not just hold 'em. I was checking out the website and it looks like they've had HE, Omaha, Razz, Stud, and even HORSE tournies. Awesome! I did also notice one guy that seems to frequent the games. This man is my mortal enemy. Ever since grade school, I've thought of this man as one of the biggest pieces of shit in WV. However, I can look by that fact if I can win his money.

I've messaged the guy trying to get some more info on when all the events are held. I'm eagerly awaiting a reply. Bowling is almost over, so I need something to do. I'm also feeling the itch to play some more poker again.

I also got a reply from the GM of the Princeton Devil Rays wanting to meet with me about possibly working with the team this summer. I plan on setting that all up when I get back in town.

My fantasy baseball team is sucking hard. On Saturday, I had Bedard, Owings, and Hudson starting. Micah sucked and got hurt. Huddy was yanked after 3 innings. Only Bedard got a win. On Sunday, CC Sabathia pitched a gem and got zero runs support for the loss. Then there's Justin Verlander...he decided to remain shitty. So, with only 162 starts allowed in the season, I've pretty much wasted 1/5 of them. I've had only a couple good starts by my pitching staff. I pretty much traded my entire OF to get my supposedly dominant pitching staff: Verlander, Sabathia, Bedard, Dice K, Hudson, Cain, Billingsley. If this pace continues up through the all-star break, I'm going to do some serious trade proposals to the competing team to build my team for next year.

0 comments: