Monday, April 21, 2008

Turbo Sunday

Yesterday was a super quick day. It seems like it was over before it started. I usually experience these types of days when I sleep very late or I'm sick or something. However, yesterday I was up at 8:00 a.m. I pretty much stayed busy the entire day and I guess that's the reason why.

I got up early, intending to mow while the church crowd was off to the temples. I didn't want everyone in the neighborhood watch me mangle my yard or myself with my new zero turn radius mower. However, mother nature didn't cooperate and I had to wait it out a few hours so the ground would be dry enough. In the meantime, I started doing the laundry.

While doing laundry, I caught the first part of Major League. I've seen that movie 100 times in my life and although a decent baseball flick, it gets worse and worse each time. I saw that the Braves were going to be on TV, so I ditched the 2nd half of the movie in favor of mowing grass. I was thoroughly impressed with my first mowing performance on my new toy.

After that, I had enough time for a shit, shower, and shave, and a couple innings of the Braves game before my parents showed up to take me out to eat lunch. We went to Hinton to a new BBQ restaurant. The place (which I can't remember the name) overlooked the New River. It was quite beautiful. The food was fairly good. I had a pulled pork platter with baked beans and roasted red skin potatoes. The pork was awesome. The beans were great. And the potatoes were meh. They had a texture sort of like potatoes you would get from a frozen dinner. I won't get them again when I go back.

Once we headed back home, I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries, a blender, and some lawn mower oil. I managed to leave there with almost everything I need. Every time I go to that forsaken place, I swear I'll never go back. Yesterday was no exception. I spent the entire time in the store trying to get dumbasses to get out of the fucking way. Honestly, you have a buggy which barely fits down the aisle. Then you have another buggy coming the other way. Let's just stop our fat asses right here in the middle and carry on a conversation. Fuck the world around us...let them figure out another way around. One fucking guy was looking at salad dressings and kept backing up to see the selection. I stopped to see what his next move was. I then let out an "excuse me" to announce my presence and suggest he get the fuck out of the way. I thought I got an acknowledgement from him until I walked by and he backed his nasty ass up into me. He apologized. I refrained from cussing him. I would have liked to beat the idiot over the head with his salad dressing.

I got home from Hell-Mart and unloaded all the groceries. I made my first smoothie and by the time everything was said and done, it was 8:30 p.m. I settled down on the couch and flipped between Napolean Dynamite and the Mets/Phils game. I didn't make it through the entire game. I hit the sack and fell asleep almost instantly. I remembered waking up around 1:00 a.m., but falling back asleep again almost instantly. Then the next thing I remember was alarm clock to start off Monday....ugh.

0 comments: