Monday, April 14, 2008

Bye bye bankroll...again

I've almost got everything set up for the semi-regular home game. I think we are going to start trying it out on Thursday nights, but might rotate it to various nights throughout the year to accommodate everyone's schedules.

My buddy Rusty offered to donate his poker table until he gets it sold. It's a decent table with bumper pool built in. It's pretty high quality stuff with cherry wood and ball and claw feet. I'd buy it, but don't have the money that he wants for it.

On the other side of poker, I'm cashing out most of my bankroll. I've lost any desire to grind during these warm weather months. I left about $35 on Full Tilt to donk around with and I have about $80 on Poker Stars. The rest I've cashed out. I'm going to go ahead and finish off the bonus at Eurolinx before cashing out there.

Overall, I'm happy. It took me 2 $50 deposits back in October and I'm cashing out nearly $1000. The bankroll was well over $1000 at one point, but I hit a huge skid that killed that a month or 2 ago. I hit several skids over the course of those months and never really got flowing like in the past. You can blame it on the UIGEA and the tougher games or blame it on variance. I did learn a lot along the way and how to play in today's nittier games.

So what am I going to do with the money? Well, I'm going to buy a lawn mower. Unfortunately, my bankroll only allows for me to purchase about 1/2 a mower, so the other 1/2 will have to come out of my pocket. I think I'm going with a zero turn radius riding mower. They run somewhere between $2500-3000. I can get a 2007 model Cub Cadet for about $2700 with 0% interest for 2 years. So I think that's the direction I'm going. Unfortunately, the Cub Cadet dealer keeps banker's hours and I might have a hard time getting over there. If so, then Lowe's has the chance to beat them out of a sale.

0 comments: