Thursday, April 10, 2008

The obsession of the week is....

BASEBALL!

The season has begun and we are more than a week into the swing of things. Baseball is fun. There are so many nuances of the game that normal people don't understand. You always hear "I can play baseball but no way I can watch that shit!". Bah. I could sit and watch it all day long.

My Braves are off to a slow start as is my Fantasy team. I had a cruddy draft this year and I'm trying to make up for it with some key trades. Even with my bad draft, I still have probably the 3rd best Pitching rotation in the league. Here is my entire lineup:

C - Victor Martinez
1B - Mark Teixiera
2B - Robbie Cano
3B - Garrett Atkins
SS - Jimmy Rollins
OF'ers - Josh Hamilton, Hideki Matsui, Nick Markakis, Delmon Young, Jermaine Dye, Brad Hawpe, Adam Jones (on my farm and I prematurely called him up), and Andruw Jones

Pitchers are: Erik Bedard, Ben Sheets, Justin Verlander, Tim Hudson, Roy Oswalt, along with Homer Bailey and Chad Billingsley riding the pine.

My farm club is starting to shape up with youngsters like: Chris Marrero, Andy LaRoche, Jason Heyward, Chris Parmelee, Rick Porcello, Jacob McGee, Daniel Cortes, Andrew Miller, and Luke Hochevar.

I have room for one more draft spot as I traded James Loney from my farm for Hideki Matsui. I'm trying to trade one of my outfielders for a stud farm-worth outfielder such as Jacoby Ellsbury. The owners of Justin Upton and Jay Bruce refused to trade those 2.

0 comments: