Friday, April 25, 2008

Doggies

In a little over 8 hours, I'll be heading to the dog track. I know! Not even 24 hours after posting about financial woes, I'm posting about spending a night blowing money on slot machines and greyhounds. It's really not as bad as it sounds though. I'm being staked.

I went straight home yesterday after work. My intensions were to work on my push mower (change oil, air filter, etc) and mow the front yard. When I got home, the temps were around 80 degrees and my body hasn't adjusted to that yet. It was hot and I was sweating. I walked into my A/C cooled house and it felt so good. I figured I'd just wait out the heat a bit and mow later. So I ordered up a pizza from my favorite pizza joint and fired up some Entourage on the computer and started watching from the beginning again.

My parents ended up showing up after about 30 minutes. They brought me some supper, but I had pizza on the way. So I declined the supper. My parents ended up eating some of the pizza with me because the Angelos pizza is so awesome. They then helped me work in the yard.

My Dad was telling me that him and Mom were going to the dog track today. He wanted me to come. I told him that I just didn't have the money right now. He offered to give me some gambling money to play with. I didn't really want to do that, but they convinced me. So, I'm driving up to Charleston directly from work this afternoon and meeting them up there. We'll probably hit up a nice restaraunt and then gamble the night away. I plan on betting on several races and then just donking around on the penny machines while I watch the doggies run.

I really just need to get out of town. This week has kicked me in the junk and next week isn't shaping up any better with a trip to Bum fuck Ohio on tap for Monday thru Thursday. This means I will miss bowling and the roll-off for the 2nd half champions. That really sucks. Tonight will give me a chance to get away and forget about all the hardships that I've put up with this week.

My parents will be staying the night in Charleston at my aunt's house. I was offered a free bed to sleep in, but it's only a 1.5 hour drive from the dog track to my house, so I'll just drive back home tonight.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of my weekend. I'm tossing up between going out on the town to watch some live music or trying to get some fellas together for a poker game.

0 comments: