Friday, April 25, 2008

I just applied for another job

Good ol' unemployable me just applied for another job. My motivation behind this wasn't money or even replacing my current job. The motivation was for fun. I sent my resume to the local Minor League baseball team, the Princeton Rays. They are a rookie league team here in town. I go to quite a few Rays games every year and I thought it would be fun just to see what kind of jobs they have available.

I would work for them for little to no pay if it was a decent job. I'm not jockeying the concession stand, ticket booth, or cleaning the shitters. However, I thought if they could use some work on their website, maybe do a P-Ray blog, or even being a scorekeeper, I could help out. I'm going to be at nearly every home game this year anyway.

We'll see how it goes. I don't really have any expectations of landing a position, but if they do have something fun available, then I could get my foot into the door for working for Major League baseball or one of the teams.

Across town, we have the Bluefield Orioles too. I hate the stadium over there and don't go to many games at that field, but I wouldn't be opposed to working for them if the P-Rays don't have anything available.

I am also going to be checking out positions available at other franchises around the country starting with the Atlanta Braves. I really like the Minor League circuit, but I'm assuming MLB is where the money is at. I figure if I gotta be a working class monkey, why not have fun with it?

The best part about this whole process is that I don't really care if I land a gig or not. If I do get something, it will be for slave wages. So I can be picky about what I want to do. If all they have are positions wearing chicken costumes, cleaning the shitters, or shagging fly balls, I'll leave that to the kids.

0 comments: