Thursday, July 10, 2008

Vacation Fail

I’m 2 weeks off a vacation and now I have another one scheduled in 3 more weeks.  However, I’m not sure if it’s going to happen at this point.  For like the past 15 years, a bunch of us friends pack up the vehicles and head for Front Royal, VA to do some fishing.  It looks like perhaps last year was our LAST year doing this trip.  Nobody seems to be able to get their shit together this year and get the days straight (we’ve been going the first full week in August for the past 15 years).  The guy that owns the cabin just married the anti-Christ.  They have a child that was born back in December.  So that complicates the issue.  However, the real reason is that the guy is a superintendent at a popular WV state park and has a hard time with his schedule during the summer.  In short, he has managed himself into a corner where nothing gets done if he’s not there.  So he has to work 7 days a week during the summer.  I don’t know about him, but I went to college so I could get a job where I didn’t have to do such things.

So here I sit again, wondering what vacation #2 will bring.  Vacation #1 was decent in the beginning because my Dad and I took the boat out fishing for a few days.  Vacation #1 was supposed to be Bonarroo, but I really enjoyed my time with my Dad.  More so than I would have with a bunch of filthy hippies.  We might sneak the boat out during this vacation too if his work schedule permits.   If not, then I’m not sure what I can do.  I really don’t want to spend another vacation sitting around the house.

I’m actually going to get with some other friends and see about maybe putting together a beach trip.  There are issues with that as well because one of the guys is starting school that following week, so I’m not sure about that either.

Long story, short… Vacation plans are “iffy” at best this year.  Getting old is gay.

0 comments: