Thursday, July 17, 2008

Getting Back to the Grind

I have a little more time for a proper post this morning.  I’m coming off a little mini-vacation from poker.  I had such a rough week on the tables over the weekend that I really didn’t want to look at another poker hand for a while. 

I thought my Full Tilt check withdrawal should have been here by now.  I checked my mail yesterday and still no check.  Then, out of coincidence, I got an email a few minutes later from Full Tilt thanking me for my deposit.  Hrmmm… I made no deposit and this one was the exact amount of the check I was expecting.  Another email soon came and said they had to cancel my withdrawal (even though I had been sent a letter telling me my check would be unaffected).  So, 16 days after the withdrawal and I’m back at square 1.  Ugh… I hate the UIGEA.

The good news is that I got another $100 bonus for my efforts, so I will go ahead and grind on that a while.  I’ve decided to go ahead and move up to $50NL for the time being.  I have enough bankroll, and it will also speed up the clearing process for that bonus. 

My ultimate goal in the $50 games will be to continue to build my bankroll and then start working on my heads up play a bit.  The HU NL games are the most fun games that I have played (besides 2-7 TD) on the net.  I’m no heads up genius or anything, but I feel that I have a considerable edge over the competition.  I know the HUNL games can be swingy, so I’ll wait until I pad my roll a bit more before continuing into those.

Lastly, I finally got Wordpress installed on the new site.  Now, I just need to get it working the way I want and I’ll be all set to move this blog over to the new location.

0 comments: