Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I’m finally back in the office today after a long weekend.  I haven’t missed it one bit.  In fact, I could fired right now and feel nothing but happiness even though I might not be able to pay my bills in the future.  All of this, not 1 week after receiving a nice raise.  Throw all the money you want at me…I still hate my job!

I was looking at my schedule for this month.  I don’t see anything fun on the horizon.  I have a training session scheduled for tomorrow.  Next week, I have to install a new system in Charleston.  That will take 2 days.  Then after that, I get to train a new customer.  The next week…more training.  Week after that, I travel to Washington D.C. for yet more training.  The good news is that after the next 3 weeks, my schedule is pretty clear.  And I have another vacation coming up first full week of August.

I’m hoping the August vacation is to the Shenendoah.  Several of us want to go, but the guy that actually owns the cabin has been unreachable.  We don’t know if the trip is a go or no-go.  In past years, it’s always been just the thing to clear your calendars for the first full week of August.  But these days, wives and kids complicate matters.

As for poker, I’m grinding still.  I only played about 500 NLHE hands yesterday.  That’s normal for me, but prior days say me playing 1200-1500 hands.  I’m supposed to go to the P-Rays game tonight, but it has been storming all morning.  I doubt the field can withstand much more of this rain.  If that’s the case, then I’ll try to score another 1000+ hand session tonight.

This job is all the motivation I need to play poker anymore.  The more poker I play = more money I win = more I can save = bigger bankroll = me telling the boss to take a hike.

Lastly, I watched a couple movies yesterday.  First was The Grand.  I had never heard of it, but picked it up on a whim.  The movie was pretty shitty, but I got a couple chuckles out of it.  It’s a satirical, almost improvisational movie about the state of the poker industry today.  It pretty much hit the nail on the head.  I also watched the new Rambo.  If you never wanted to buy a .50 caliber weapon, this is the movie to change your mind.  They took Sylvester Stallone and his shitty acting and made an entertaining movie.  Basically, Stallone grunts and occasionally yells while firing various guns with awesome precision into enemy heads and toros.  The shootout scenes make the movie.  Nothing like seeing a sniper rifle take a dude’s head entirely off his body.  They didn’t leave out the gore in this movie and it’s fantastic if you ask me.  Just don’t expect to see good acting.  Just awesome shootouts and death scenes.

0 comments: