Monday, July 7, 2008

Blackberry Tilt

I'm on Blackberry tilt right now.  The little scroll ball thingy refuses to scroll down.  It will do left, right, and up, just not down...the most useful direction.  Any ideas?  This isn't the first time it has happened.  It has done this before and then magically started working again.  I really don't feel like dealing with the twits at AT&T again either.

As you might have noticed, some of the local games got raided this past week.  Fortunately, I wasn't in any of them.  You see, I hate live poker.  However, these developments have me a little distraught.  I liked having those games available when I wanted to donk around with some live peoples.  Also, there are rumors of the state police, FBI, ATF, NASA, the United Nations, or the Nevada Gaming commission calling all the contacts on one of the game host's cell phone.  I know my number is on that phone.  I get text messages telling me when and what games are running.  If above rumors are true, then I should expect a call.  I don't care.  I'll answer whatever they ask and then pretty much tell them to fuck off.  I know my rights.

I had ideas of actually skipping a few steps in my bankroll building and go win a few buyins at the local $1/2 game and deposit them online.  However, I'll put those plans on hold for a while and just continue to grind.

Grinding is exactly what I've been doing.  I played over 3500 hands over the weekend, not including a bunch of 2-7 Triple Draw hands that are not recorded, some play on Bodog that's not recorded and a couple tournies.  Overall, I've made pretty decent money, but I went through a small rough patch in the middle.  I managed to claw back through it and continue the win line moving upward.

I'm just going to keep grinding it out on Stars too.  The software is excellent and way faster than Tilt.  I hate the little beeping noises and the stealing of focus on the windows, but I'm pretty sure I can turn that off if I poke around.  The games are about the same as Full Tilt.  There are probably more non-thinking LAGs on Stars than Tilt, but overall, it's about the same.  I'll see how my win-rate looks at the end of the month and decide whether it's better to play on Stars with no rakeback or on Tilt with 27% rakeback.

2 comments:

TripJax said...

Last time that happened to me I turned it off and removed the battery. Seemed to work for me.

Poker raids are a joke. They really need to find something better to bust...

Fuel55 said...

Scrolling down and slightly to the right seems to help but this is certainly a Carckberry design flaw.