Wednesday, July 9, 2008

One of dem days

First of all, how does this happen?

I still contend that Isabelle thought she was experimenting with another chick.  Well, I’m off to buy a scarf…BBL.

Ok..back.  Last night was one of them nights on the poker tables.  You know what I’m talking about.  Get the money in good, the cards come bad.  You miss flop after flop and never are able to get to a showdown.  Those type of nights.

The good news is that I never really paid attention to it being one of those nights until my session was over.  I knew it was a tough night.  I tried not to worry about it because I also knew I was playing very well. 

When all was said and done, I felt like I had been through a war.  I played as hard as I could for my timeframe I set aside prior to starting my session.  I finally pulled up Pokertracker to check out the carnage and was almost floored when I saw the Amount Won column show green.  Not only green, but +2 buyins green.  WTF?  Did I not import some hands?  A quick check of my Stars balance agreed with my results.  Nice!

We are a little over a week into July and I’ve already surpassed my winnings (minus rakeback) for June.  Hopefully this trend will continue.  I will attribute a lot of the winnings from just running good, although I have taken a fair share of beats this past week.  Mostly, I can attribute my winnings to good table selection, having a sound mind when playing, and just plain good poker.  Also, I’ve matched my total hands I played in June, so that helps :)

I’ll be trying to sweat Iggy today in the WSOP, but it’s hard to sweat a magical dwarf who has no real name nor face.  I’ll rely on Pauly to keep me updated :)

0 comments: