Friday, July 11, 2008

Moving / More MTT Thoughts

This website will be moving soon.  I bought a domain and hosting plan for it.  My goodness is webhosting cheap these days or what?

I’m still waiting for my account to be set up and all that jazz.  Then I’ll have to install Wordpress and mod it up a bit.  Hopefully everything will be ready for me to work on that over the weekend or even this afternoon :).  I’ll post the link whenever it’s ready.  The main reason for the move is that Wordpress is some much greater than Blogger.  Plus I want to open up a couple other blogs under some sub-domains.  Hey, I like to purge my brain into the keyboard which sometimes comes out as a blog post.  It’s how I keep my sanity.  It’s my drug.  I don’t claim to be a good writer, but I will claim that writing calms me more than just about anything these days.

Now for the more important stuff.  I have been giving though to the whole MTT concept and how to incorporate more into my play.  I think I will try out the cash games during the week, MTTs on the weekend type thing.  This way, I can buy into some of the larger events (player wise) and not have to worry about sitting around for 8 hours.  I know I won’t have to be at work the next day.

I’m also going to only set aside a certain portion of my bankroll for MTTs.  This way, I can 1.) keep track of my winnings easier (since Pokertracker doesn’t seem to handle that aspect well) and 2.) protect my cash game roll.  I’ll probably play mostly $4/180’s on Stars and satellites to larger events.  This way I should be able to build my MTT bankroll and then eventually move into buying directly into the higher buy-in events.  I can also move up the 20 table scale by going from the $4 –> $10 –> $20 or whatever they spread.

0 comments: