Thursday, July 3, 2008

.

In my quest to reach 20K hands this month, I have 1/2 failed so far.  Tuesday night, I grinded.  Since my money is still somewhere between Full Tilt’s mysterious address and my mailbox, I had to drop down a level and play $10NL on Stars (didn’t have funds immediately available for deposit).  I continued to run hot at that level and ended up winning more than what I probably would have at $25NL…you never know.  I really miss the Neteller days and blazing fast withdrawals and deposits.  Fuck politicians.

Yesterday, I had to go to Matewan for work.  I’m not sure anyone outside of WV has ever watched it, but there was a movie made about the town.  Not much has changed since those Coal Mine war days.  Except now instead of train being the preferred method of transportation, they tend to prefer travelling by 1.) ATV 2.) Hitchhiking or 3.) Car…. in that order.  These are some backwoods folks for sure.  The trip was fairly uneventful with the exception of getting stuck behind a truck painting lines on the road for 10-15 miles….doing at most 20MPH down the straight stretches (which are few and far between).

Once I got home, I played with the pup and mowed grass.  Then I couldn’t miss the Princeton Devil Rays game on such a pretty evening.  So, off I went to the ballfield.  It was pretty much a sell out which is awesome to see.  The only reason there were so many people, though, was because they were playing the Bluefield Orioles, which is pretty much a cross-county rival.  I scored some cool schwag including a Delmon Young figure, a Fred McGriff bobblehead, and a super awesome Carl Crawford superhero figure:

crawford

Anyway, the P-Rays won in an exciting game and I got to cheer loudest around the swarm of O’s fans that decided to sit in my area.  So it was a fun night.

Unfortunately the game wasn’t over until after 10:00 p.m. and I hadn’t eat since 12:00 p.m. and I was about to starve.  The concession stand lines were way too long during the game, so I had to do without until after the game.  After food and all, it was pretty much bed time when I got home.  I had to let the dog out and all that good stuff, so I didn’t get to play any poker.

I don’t really have much in the way of plans for the 4th weekend.  At one point, we will try have a bonfire or something, but not sure which night.  Other than that, I just have a trip to Charleston planned to pick up an outdoor dog kennel that my cousin gave me.  I plan on grinding a lot of poker over the weekend too.  I’ll probably do my usual grinding in the morning, enjoying the day, grinding at night, sleep routine.

I’m also getting an itch for live poker.

0 comments: