Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sonofagodamnguitarherobitch!


One of my Christmas presents this year was Guitar Hero III for the Xbox 360. When I got it, I noticed it was the wired version. I don't have a good setup for a wired version of that game, so I decided to trade it in for the wireless version (only $10 more). Unfortunately, there weren't any to be found in my area, so my aunt who lives in Charleston said she'd exchange it for me. Nice!

She was able to score 2 wireless GH3's from a Wal-Mart in Charleston. One for me, one for my cousin. I just met up with my other cousin to retrieve my copy. I was all pumped up and ready to battle against Slash and that hack Tom Morello.

I hurried home and quickly opened the box. The shiny black Les Paul was very nice looking. I was suprised because the SG that came with GH2 was hideous. I got everything put together and popped in the disc. It had to update my Xbox and I was ready. BUt, wait. The motherfuckin' guitar wouldn't work.

I thought I was just an idiot at first. You know, the 30 year old gamer, who is losing touch with technology and just can't figure out these new age gadgets. However, after RTFM and checking things online, I was doing shit right. My fucking guitar was broke. It will semi-connect to the console, but the only thing it will do is turn the damn thing on. The console doesn't see it as a controller and won't add it for whatever reason.

So now I have to trade this one in for another one. Worst of all, it came from a Wal-Mart, so now I have to go back to the hell hole and deal with customer service. I can't catch a break.

0 comments: