Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Hangover


'Tis the season to be a slacker. I'm the only one in the office until after the first of the year. I take my vacations during the warm weather months. The other co-workers take a week of theirs during the Christmas->New Years week. This really equals a vacation for me as well. We usually aren't busy. The boss is usually on the road or working on his sales stuff for the next year. This equals me in the office by myself with minimal phone interruptions. This usually means I slack off all day long too.

Christmas was decent. I got some nice gifts. I got some badly needed tools, 2 pairs of real shoes, 1 pair of bowling shoes, Superbad (funny as shit!), Guitar Hero III for the Xbox 360. I got a few other odds and ends as well. I finally got my parents to keep from going "all out" for Christmas. THey still spend way too much on me and other relatives and friends. However, they are much better than before. Now If I can just train them into having a more simple Christmas in the future. My parents had like 25 people in their house yesterday. My mom was worn out from all the cooking. My aunt was having anxiety attacks trying to get everything ready. It was a mad house.

As far as poker goes, I took yesterday off. I actually fired up Full Tilt to datamine some tables, but then ended up just deciding against playing. I opted to watch Superbad instead. I'm not going to make Iron Man on FTP this month. This was mainly due to the PokerStars bonus I had to clear. I have 6 days left in the month and have to get 6 days of 100 FTP points. That normally wouldn't be a problem. Except on New Years Eve, I'm not going to be able to play. I'll be leaving from work to go directly to Charleston for my New Years festivities. I'm still going to try to play a lot though because of the double point promo. I really want an iPod Touch. I'm a ways off right now, but I'm grinding.

In other news, I've still been unsuccessful in finding a Wii. My cousin's husband's parents had one they didn't need and he is supposed to check on that for me. I doubt they still have it though. I have found a few online, but they are all bundles. This bundle shit is a rip-off. I mean when the fuck am I going to find time to play 10 games? Maybe if you spread it out over the course of a couple years. I mean check out this bundle on Toys R US's website:

This Bundle includes: Wii Console, Spider-Man: Friend or Foe, Transformers: The Game, Bee Movie Game, Crash of the Titans 07, Dewey's Adventure, Zak & Wiki: Quest for Barbaro's Treasure, Raving Rabbids 2, Geometry Wars: Galaxies, Petz Dogz 2, and Soulcaliber Legends


The only game interesting to me in that bundle is Geometry Wars: Galaxies. Why would someone pay $700 for a console and 10 shitty games that nobody wants? Hopefully the eBay prices will drop way down today.

0 comments: