Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm only one man...

and I don't even give a fuck either...

Every year between Christmas and New Years, I'm the lone person in the office. The other co-workers save their vacation for this dread season. Normally this is OK. It's usually a slow week as people are off work or just slacking off in general. Of course, not this year. I've had at least 45 support calls so far today. That's an astounding number. Why can't these fuckers give me a break already?! At least it's Friday and I can go home in a couple hours and veg out for 2 days and put this hellish week behind me.

Work this week has really hampered my poker play as well. I had every intension of playing 5K+ hands this week. I had played over 1000+ hands for several days straight just before Christmas and was willing to do the same thing this week. However, work got me so bummed out, I chose to cut my poker sessions short for some veg out time on the couch. After all, I'm treating poker like work these days and I just don't feel like working.

I have played poker every day though. Instead of my 1500 hand sessions, I've been putting in some 500 hand sessions. All of my play the past few weeks has been at the $25 NL tables. I'm winning, but not as much as I should be. I think my winrate over the past 5K hands in $25NL is somewhere around 6.5 PTBB/100. Not too shabby. However, glancing at my Poker EV graph (which I don't have right now ... still at work) shows my Skanlsky bucks are rising rapidly as my actual winnings graph doesn't go up quit as steep. I've taken some horrendous suckouts lately. The good news is that I'm able to recooperate from those suckouts and still have some winning sessions.

I've really focuses on table selection this month too...especially in the no limit area. I thought I would have a hard time finding 4-6 tables of $25 NL Full Ring on Full Tilt, but with some patiences, I've found several fish that are willing to pay for my Christmas debt. I think the holidays have really given the fish population a boost lately.

Tonight, I'm going to try to play some poker. However, I'm also going out to one of my friends house to watch some movies and maybe play some Wii. I'd much rather do that right now than do anything work or money related.

----

Lastly, on the New Year's resolution front, I've got 3 cans of snuff left to my name. Once they are gone, I'm done. They should run out just as I ring in the new year. Look for next week's posts to be more "cranky" than normal.

0 comments: