Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas everyone!


This will most likely be the last time I blog before Christmas, so I just wanted to take this opportunity to wish all readers a very Merry Christmas!

Last night, I wanted to log some hands, but didn't want to stress too bad about my recent downswing. So I just dropped back down in limits a bit. I played some $10 NL. Also I decided to play full ring to reduce some of the stress factor. I faired decent. The Full Ring was sort of boring, so I had to play some more tables. Instead of my normal 4 tables, I was able to keep up with 8 fairly easily.

Playing 8 tables gave me an opportunity to try a new tool (new to me). It's called Stars Planner. It's just an AHK script that allows you to preset your screen layouts. I'm sure all you big multi-tablers already use it. I need to get a script that will auto-click the TIME button though. I had a couple instances where I had some decisions to ponder and had a few other tables beeping at me in the process. It's a pain to have to click on all the TIME buttons while still trying to make a decision.

My biggest problem was the fact that PokerACE HUD's stats were unreadable to me when the table was resized small. I'm not sure if there's a fix for this or not. I wonder if Gametime+ is any better in that department?

Today is my last day of work until Wednesday. All my Christmas shopping is done. So I intend to play a bunch of poker. I want to finish off that Pokerstars bonus. Then I'll probably mix up my play between Full Tilt and Stars. I opted to work on the Stars bonus this month as opposed to keeping up my Iron Man status on FTP. However, I'll have a $25 bonus starting next month on FTP due to my Iron Man status last month. Nothing huge, but it helps.

I also plan on doing some cooking during the break. I'm going to attempt my first cheesecake (strawberry). I also have a Caramel Cake I'm going to try (also a first attempt at a cake). Lastly, on the non-sweets side, I'm going to attempt to make some Hellmandollar Potatoes. Those should be easy. One of my friends is deep frying us a turkey on Sunday. I've never had deep fried turkey. I'm not a fan of regular turkey, so I'm kind of skeptical about the deep fried one as well.

Lastly, I received my Christmas bonus last night. It's not a huge sum of money or anything, but it's a decent amount. I'm going to take half of it and put it towards paying bills. The other half will be the start of my "Live Poker" bankroll. There should be some games running at the local establishment this week. I know they played $1/2 last night and I would have probably played had I been able to get to the bank in time.

0 comments: