Sunday, December 30, 2007

House Pics coming soon... more poker

I've been promising pics of my newly renovated house for months now. However, my camera is dead and I never did find my charger. So I finally broke down yesterday and bought one. Amazon wanted $32 for a charger. I got mine off ebay for $0.49 + $5 shipping. Hopefully the seller is prompt and the USPS doesn't take forever for it to get here.

---

I spent most of day inside my house yesterday. The only time I ventured out of the house was the Walmart trip. The rest of the day was spent inside, cleaning, doing laundry, cooking, and playing poker. It was actually a relaxing day.

Today, I have some more poker planned. I'd like to get in at least another 1000 hands to finish off the month. This will put me close to 20,000 hands for the month of December. This will be the most hands I can remember playing in a month ever with the exception of one month where I did a 30K in 30 days challenge. I came up short and ended up playing like 24K hands that month, but that's the most I can remember playing. I think I definitely would have broke that mark had I started 6 tabling the Full Ring games more than 8 days ago.

6 tables seems to be the most comfortable to me. I have played as many as 8 tables at a time, but when I tile more than 6 tables, the HUD stats get a little too small for me to read at times. I feel I could comfortably 8-10 table for a decent win rate if I had a second monitor. I do rely on the PA HUD stats a lot.

I'm still working on my game a bit. I have been focusing on various things to help me out and they seem to be working. In fact they took what I thought would be a for sure losing month and turned them into a winning month for me. Again, I have been focusing on table selection. I have also started building a buddy list for my sites as well. Another thing I have really focused on the past couple days is isolating the fish on my right. This accomplishes a few things. One, you get heads up with the worst players a lot and they are easy to outplay post flop. Also, you kind of get under their skin, expecially after you have raised their open limp 5-6 times in a row. They start putting in a bunch of money with mediocre holdings.

I filtered out only NL hands and it looks like I'm now making $14/hour playing the microstakes. That's a brag in my book. The bankroll is getting close to the $1000 mark. This would give me 20 buyins at the $50 level. I want to spend at least 10K more hands at the $25 level, but I might incorporate a $50 table or 2 into my game as I see fit.

I got one more post in mind. It's going to be a 2008 poker goals post. I'll post it up later on today maybe.

0 comments: