Thursday, December 20, 2007

For those wondering...

I have several blogs that have all combined and turned into this blog. For those of you that don't read all my blogs, I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself and what I'm all about.

I play poker. Lots of poker. I'm not all that great at it or anything, however, I do feel that I'm better than that average player. A couple years ago, I thought I was great. I turns out that everyone else just sucked. Thanks to our good government, the poker population took a hit and so did the quantity of fish willing to hand their money over to me. So my winrate took a dive as well. I got fed up and cashed out my bankroll and now here I am...trying to build a new bankroll by grinding my way through the limits. I don't have any aspirations of becoming a pro player, but I wouldn't mind making enough money to help my retirement get here quicker.

I like to invest. I'm new to the investing world. I'm still learning the ropes. I decided to step into the real estate investing world this summer. I bought what I initally thought would be a house to flip. 6 months later, I'm still living in the mostly remodeled house. I liked the house and decided to keep it for myself. That's not to say I won't use some of the equity built up to further my investing career.

I like to cook. This is my newest interest. Evidently I'm pretty good at it. Despite my abundant presence, I'm actually a picky eater. I have yet to cook a meal that I didn't think was absolutely delicious. I watched Alton Brown prepare a steak on the Food TV channel a while back. It looked so good that decided to try it. Best steaks ever! And they cost me about $40 less than what I would have paid at a real restaurant.

I am interested in politics. I love politics actually. Nothing gets me more fired up than a political debate. Seriously. Politicians are like kindergarten kids with access to the world's largest checkbook. It's really entertaining until they do something that directly affects my life. Then I get mad for them butting into my life. I'm a registered republican (oh yeah...booo hiss!), but I'm actually more of a Libertarian. I just want the government to leave me alone, stay out of my wallet, and quit trying to control everything in our lives.

Lastly, I just suck at life. I'm not a hugely popular guy or anything. I have a few VERY good friends. However, I'm not good at interacting with strangers. Mostly because I pretty much dislike everyone I meet. I don't do a lot. I barely get out of the house. I might travel for pleasure once or twice a year and it's always within driving distance. I do my best to be a hermit I think. I'm trying to change this about myself. The blog helps.

I love to write (or type up random crap in this blog). Blogging is my therapy for life's hassles.

0 comments: