Saturday, December 29, 2007

I hate Wal-Mart


So, I got 2 Christmas Gift cards for Wal-Mart. My brother got me a $50 card and my aunt got me a $25 card. I needed groceries this morning, so I decided to get some free groceries with my gift card. I dreaded going to Wal-Mart, because I normally avoid that store like the plague, especially this time of year. However, it was 11:30 a.m. so, I figured I'd miss the early morning traffic and the late afternoon traffic and just fall kind of in between the rushes. Right..

So I get there and luckbox my way into a good parking spot. I like to get the spots just across from the shopping cart return area or somewhere near it, but semi-close to the store (not too close). The perfect spot opened up. Maybe this trip wouldn't be so bad after all?

I felt like I was re-enacting a version of Frogger as I dodged traffic to get to the store. Can we ban cell phones and driving already? Douche bags. I successfully make it into the store without getting killed or threatening to kill someone and grab a buggy. And I was off.

When I grocery shop, I hardly ever use a list. I just go through each aisle carefully and choose what I need/want. I started off in the produce area and was immediately put on shopping tilt by the idiots on the "I'm too sorry to walk my fat ass around the store" carts. I hate these things. They are a nuisance to other shoppers in the store and I guarantee you 75% of the people on them don't need them. This one particular woman looked rather healthy. I even saw her get up and grab a few items without any signs of a handicap. I think her goal today was to piss me off. Road rage in a grocery store.

As I went through the freezer section, Mrs. I'm too lazy to walk so I'll ride a scooter was coming through. She got past me and then had to back up to get something. That's when I noticed the damn carts make back-up beeping sounds like a large truck does. I chuckled inside. Then I noticed something else at the end of the aisle. A one legged woman WALKING and pushing a cart right in front of the fat ass with 2 legs in the scooter. I chuckled again. The one legged woman did have a metal prosthetic leg, but still...c'mon! If I were riding one of those scooter and saw that, I'd feel so damn guilty that I'd have to take the thing back and hoof it the rest of the way, but that's just me.

After picking up my groceries, I hit the electronics section to see if by some miracle there would be a Wii on the shelf (there was not). So I headed towards the checkout stand. I of course picked the slowest cashier on the planet. She was like the Monk of supermarket clerks. She methodically, yet slowly scanned the person in front of me's groceries and built perfect walls in the plastic bags so they would stand up well. Bravo! Only it took 45 minutes to ring up $100 worth of groceries. Now it was my turn. SHe again slowly rang up my groceries, but her bagging technique was perfect. She even put things together (like all the frozen stuff, all the meat, dairy, etc together). It was nice, yet it took a while.

When it came time to pay, my total was something like $98. I gave her the 2 gift cards I had and then dug for my debit card to finish off the remaining $23. She scanned both gift cards and it still said I owed $58. I told her that those gift cards should be for $75. However, when she rescanned them, it showed a $25 card (right) and a $15 card (not $50 like was written on my card). Turns out somebody fucked me in the ass on this one. It was either a.) my brother (which I wouldn't it past him because he is basically a piece of shit) or b.) WalMart when my brother bought the card, they could have fucked something up when loading the money onto it. Who knows? It's a problem that might never been solved. I really don't care though, although I was frustrated for having to spend the extra $35. Had I known that, I would have just saved those cards for something else and went to a better grocery store (and less frustrating).

After I loaded my groceries into the truck and started out of the parking lot, I vowed to never buy another thing from Wal-Mart again.

0 comments: