Sunday, July 18, 2010

Long time no post

*Tap Tap Tap* Is this thing on?  Long time no see everyone!  I found out that blogging is something I do when I’m miserable.  At least that’s the way it was.  I’m not miserable right now, but still decided it’s time to revive this site.

What’s going on in my world? Not a whole lot actually.  I’m dedicating myself to clean living these days.  Not that I really have much choice.  I let myself go so bad, that I’ve actually been sick.

To make a long story short, I lived the past several months locked up playing poker and eating fast food.  After a while that becomes habit.  Then after that, it got so that when I went to the grocery story, I was out of breath.  So to save myself from that nuisance, I continued to live off fast food.  That way you don’t have to get out of the truck.

It’s a sickening and embarrassing story really.  But that’s my life.  No more.  I’ve made drastic changes to prevent this from happening again.  How so? I’ve moved back in with my parents.  That’s right….32 fuckin’ years old and I’m back in the same bedroom where I used to sport Star Wars sheets on my bunk bed.

I really had no choice.  My Mother is great and she agreed to help me get back on my feet health wise.  We’ve changed our diets to eating lean proteins, whole grains, veggies, lots of fruits, and tons of fish.  This arrangement has been going on for about 2 weeks and I already feel 100% better.  However, I have a long road to go.

Meanwhile, I still have my own house on the other side of town just sitting there and not doing anything.  I don’t plan on being here long enough to go clean it out and rent it to someone else, so I still gotta pay the bills.  And I’m still doing that with poker.

Poker has gone much better the past few months.  However, back last fall thru part of the Winter was rough.  I basically got lazy last summer and didn’t put in the required hours and it caught up to me.  I’m grinding overtime these days to make up for that.  The bankroll is thin after the bills are paid, but at least I still have one.

One new thing I’ve been doing is incorporating tournament poker into my game.  I’ve been selling 75% of myself for the Sunday Million each week.  I’ve done this the past 2 weeks and let me tell you one thing…that tournament is rigged.  Last week was a train wreck.  I was completely card dead for 2 hours.  I’m talking not even a medium pocket pair.  This week was just cruel.  I ran good the first hour and a half building up a monster stack.  Then lost 3 coinflips in a row against short stacks.  Then was on the ass end of a set over set situation.  Finally put out of my misery by losing, yep, another coinflip.  FUUUUUU POKERSTARS!

Anyway, expect more frequent posting from me.  Posts might be food/health related, poker related, or anything else.  Hey it’s my blog.  IF you don’t like it , go get your own!

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Everyone falls down and has to get back up. Just do it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Once your feeling better you have to check out the Couch to 5K plan. I have actually been doing that for a few weeks and it is pretty good. People seem to stick to it pretty easily.

Good luck to you in everything!

Predator314 said...

I've been following your progress with it. Good luck and thanks!