Monday, July 26, 2010

Damn I’m old.

Here’s the only poker content you get: The downswing has now gone over 20 buyins.  This is my 4th 20+ buyin downswing since the UIGEA.  I don’t want to talk about poker anymore.

Every day, I feel better and better.  I think back to just a couple weeks ago and I could barely get from one end of the house to another.  When I had to actually go out, it would literally take me over an hour just to shower and get my clothes on.  Today I’m running around, doing chores, going to events and such without it taking me half the day just to get ready.  And I’m not dog tired in the process.

I came to the realization that I’m old today.  It’s hit me a few times, but today was just a reminder.  I remember when my nephew was born.  He was such a cute kid.  I remember being amazed when he was like 5 or 6 and he figured out how to operate the stereo so he could play his music.  I remember him riding shotgun with me any time I had to run to town.  Today, he was helping me work on the yard and my truck needed moved.  I tossed him the keys to the same truck he used to ride along with me in so he could move it.  He just turned 18 years old.

Time flies.

0 comments: