Thursday, November 5, 2009

TV

I love television shows. I love them much more than movies. You have an entire season to develop your characters and construct elaborate plotlines and what not. TV is great. That being said, my list of shows I'm watching these days has gotten out of hand. Let's go through my list of shows that I'm watching NOW.


The Biggest Loser - Lame, but it keeps me motivated to eat right and exercise. If you haven't seen the show, just imagine 10 fat people crying for 2 hours straight and you pretty much have the gist of it.


Sons of Anarchy - I wasn't going to ever watch this show. Then there was a lull in all TV programming for a while towards the end fo the summer, So I figured I would try it. And of course I liked it because it was a FX show. I will probably quit watching once they kill Opie. Jax should be dead already. He douches up that shows very much bad.


It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - One of the funniest shows on TV period.


Dexter - Dexter Morgan is still up to his old tricks. Being a Dad and a serial killer at the same time is tough. Dexter is a brilliant show and one of my favorites of all time.


The Ultimate Fighter - I've gotta have my UFC fix. And they keep threatening to bring back Kimbo every week :) Personally I'm not a fan of the heavyweights, but I like TUF. I think TUF has listened to my appeals to focus more on fighting than in-house hijinks. The first few seasons resembled The Real World more than a fighting show. These days you get to see some in-house antics and such, but for the most part they focus on the fights and hyping the fights. Rampage rules too BTW.


Parks & Recreation - Basically it's The Office but outside. Funny as shit.


The League - Another one I wasn't going to watch... until I heard the Birthday song:







I'll probably give it a couple more episodes before I commit to the show, but I almost pissed myself laughing at episode #1.

The Big Bang Theory - Dr. Sheldon Cooper FTW. I love this show, but I'm a geek. Ever notice Penny is hotter in some episodes than others?

V (2009) - OK, had to give this hyped up POS a try. You know what? I thoroughly enjoyed it. Again, maybe a couple more episodes before committing to it.

Friday Night Lights - One of the best High School dramas ever made. Probably ranks 2nd behind Freaks & Geeks for me. FNL is like the step-child that is far more superior in every way to the other children, yet he remains unloved, beaten, and abused. NBC has tried to kill off FNL for years now. First by putting it into the Friday night slot of doom. Now they just said fuck it and aren't even showing it on cable. I'm sure this seemed like a brilliant idea in some board room. "Make it DirectTV and fans will have to subscribe to directTV! Our affiliate revenue with DTV will go thru the roof!!!". In reality though it's more like this "I don't have DirectTV, so I'm going to pirate every episode".

That's all (I think). The only other thing I'm looking forward to is MORE RESCUE ME AND MORE LOST! That is all.

0 comments: