Saturday, November 21, 2009

Dear Card Collecting Community

Dear Card Collecting Community,


I've been a part of the online card collecting community for a few years. I took about a 4 year hiatus from it all and came back to a new world. The main area of this world was YouTube. I have spent countless hours watching box breaks and such on Youtube and have come across a whole new ball game. Then I jumped into the BlogTV world a few months ago and discovered group breaks and actually made some decent friends in the community. I like to kid around and such with the guys. It takes a lot to make me mad, but for some of you this doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe I can be a voice of reason for this community? So what if I'm new to your world... I still have something to say.


First of all, a few weeks ago, everyone got their panties in a bunch because so and so was making X amount of dollars on each group break. Rants were flying at me right and left. I watched a few rant videos as the shit-storm first hit and then I pretty much ignored the rest. Let me tell you this: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO'S GROUP BREAKS YOU JOIN, SOMEONE IS MAKING MONEY OFF IT. Let's take my favorite group break person, Mr. TheTruth17. Am I accusing Chad of making money on his breaks? Hell no. I've watched most of Chad's videos and saw that he buys his stuff directly from his local card shop. Chad has always been a stand up guy so I trust him at his word. But you know what? Chad might not be making money from his group breaks, but Mike that owns his local card shop is making money. So is the distributor that Mike buys his cases of cards from. The factory that makes the cards? Yep they make money too. It's how this country works. It's called "capitalism". Get used to it folks, because if it goes away, so does our livelihoods.


Now Ndepaul99 seems to be the most accused of making money on his group breaks. Who cares? He found a way to skip the middle man. Good for him. This is part of his income to support his family and pay his bills. Who are you to judge how a man makes a living. If you think he lied to you about making money on his breaks, how is it your business how much he makes? I purposely omit how much I make playing poker online in this blog because I don't want you to know. Don't like it? I don't give a fuck. Let me tell you that I have been making my income in unconventional ways for the past 10 months. I've been judged by both church and government for how I am making a living and it sucks. So I know how Bryan feels for being persecuted for making a living. Kudos to him for taking it upon himself to find a fun and interesting way to make money.


Anyway, that storm is close to passing, so I'll leave it at that for now. A new pile of drama has unfolded in the past day or so. Again, panties are knotted up and cutting off the testicular circulation. I won't name the person who started this drama. You know why? Because I'm not going to give him the attention. Basically, the guy is insecure and has lost touch with reality. It's fairly obvious he lacks any real friends, so the line between real life and this online community gets blurred more for him than the average person. Basically he's wants attention...GOOD or BAD because that makes his life seem more meaningful. Everyone is ranting and raving, cursing up a storm. They think they are going to make this guy feel bad. Actually you are just stroking his ego. He's the center of attention and he loves it. Why waste your breath on this guy? A word to the wise, just ignore him and he'll go away.


Anyway, I've said my peace and hope people take my words to heart. This is a great community we have. When you have people from various parts of the world, with ages ranging between middle school kids to senior citizens, that all have the same passion, you have something special. There is a great bond there. Let's keep that bond strong. Don't let the cancers of the community break the bond.


Sincerely,


Predator314



0 comments: