Wednesday, March 5, 2008

USPS and Limit Holdem

I was cooking a ribeye last night and I use my cast iron skillet to sear the meat just like Alton Brown taught me. When I do this, it fills the house with smoke, so I open the patio door to let the smoke clear out during the cooking process. When I opened the door yesterday, I was surprised to see a big box laying in the middle of the yard. I went to investigate and it was from the FPP store. Sweet, my Stars schwag was here. I also found a letter about 10 feet from the box soaked from the rain.

I opened the box reluctantly expecting to see everything ruined from the rain, but thankfully Stars packed my items good. I got my Mercier poster and my Stoxtrader Limit Holdem book (Winning in tough Limit HOldem Games). As I was leaving for work this morning, I found another rain drenched bill laying in my front yard (on the opposite side of the house). I will be calling the postmaster about this problem!

I'm kind of excited to read Stox's limit holdem book. I still like limit holdem. I hate the results I get from the game and the swings it produces, but I love the fast action. I fear opening the book would open up that limit holdem can of worms again. That's OK though. I can still play well below my bankroll level if I want a limit fix.

0 comments: