Sunday, March 23, 2008

Merry Easter



In an effort to be more positive, I promise not to bring anything negative about poker to this blog anymore. So with that being said, I'll talk about Easter :P What is it about this magical bunny that makes people from all around turn into Church-goers for a single day?

I had a pretty good day yesterday. The weather was nice early and I got to spend about 1.5 hours of the nice weather sitting in line at the trash dump. Nothing like breathing in that fresh landfill air while waiting in line. I made the best of it and cranked up The Allman Brothers on the stereo and zoned out while I waited.

After that, I got to see WVU lay the smack down on Duke in the NCAA tournament. That is the first basketball game I've watched in 124198124 years. I hate basketball, but I gotta root for my beloved 'Eers. And you fuckers rooting for teams other than Duke...You are welcome.

AFter the game, I spent some time with the folks. Then I picked up my temporarily blind buddy Rog (Lasik surgery) to go hang out at some friends house. Now I might seem like an uncaring asshole at times, but my friends had this baby back in November and it's had some heart complications. The poor thing has already had 2 surgeries and will get 1 more in about 2 years. It makes my day to hold that baby. I laid down in the floor and just played with him for almost and hour or so. I kept him occupied while his mommy fed him and gave him his medicine. Unfortunately, it was little Spence's bed time, so my play time with the baby was cut short.

We played some board games afterwards. And then I went home and watched the funniest hand ever on the WPT. I'm not sure if this is old or new because I don't watch much poker on TV these days.

Basically, on a board of 3,7,3,A, Chuck Kelley was holding Q7 and Hennigan had A5. The turn betting ensued and when it was done, Kelley flipped over his hand! Now, I thought this officially declared the hand dead. However, in the WPT, you only get a warning on your first offense. So, that was actually a bad beat for Chuck because when the river came a 3rd 3 giving both players the boat, Hennigan knew he had it won. He knew his hand was best and he knew that Kelley was the worst poker player in the history of poker players, so he pushed. Kelley called and it was over. Dumbest, yet funniest hand ever.

I gotta go do the shit, shower, shave thing and then head up the road to my Uncle's house for Easter dinner. After that, I'll probably try to grind some more poker. It's been a tough run this weekend again. I need to get away from these SnG's and get back to the cash game tables though.

0 comments: