Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Fishing

I just came back from a short vacation in Surf City, NC. My brother is a charter fishing captain and took us out to try to catch some red drums. The fishing sucked ass, but I had a blast just being out on the water. It was the start of tourist season and the first time I've been there during that time. I saw several hot hippie chicks that will be in the spank bank for a good while.


I also went on a little fishing/scouting expedition yesterday. We 2 awesome rivers in this area that I don't fish enough. We have the New River and Greenbrier River within 30 minutes and both are just full of fish. I don't have a boat suitable for river fishing (yet), so my options are wading and bank fishing at the moment. I love to wade fish. It's my favorite method of fishing. The New River is a bit too dangerous for me to wade in most places. I do have 1 decent spot near the dam, but it gets fished rather heavily. The Greenbrier, on the other hand, is easily waded in most spots. The problem is just finding a spot to be able to park your vehicle and get into the water. My little scouting expedition yesterday help me find a few of those spots. So the missile sirens are wailing for the Smallmouth bass population in West Virginia. I'm about to wage war on some fish.

In other news, I still don't have a job. I have been looking, but there's not a lot to be had around here. I'm about to the point of having to consider relocating, which I really don't want to do. However, before I do that, I'm going to try out giving 110% of working on my own. I have enough people hounding me every day for help with their computers, I might as well try to monetize it. I don't expect to make a killing, but if I keep my costs down and actually give it my all, I feel I can get by. It will be much more rewarding too. I plan on blogging my experience as well if I'm not too overwhelmed with work. I will probably start a new blog for that though.

Peace out homies

2 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

That's not a bad job IMHO.. although it can be a pain in the ass.. I used to do it a while ago... Do not undercharge. :).

Add other services too like reselling computers to your clients.. either build your own if you feel comfortable doing it or buy from a small builder with good prices... you can get some good stuff going but it take a little time. Word of mouth is gonna get you a lot of work.

Have a list of common services that people may not have thought of too.. you should be doing installs of hardware, repairs, "cleanup", speeding up systems by running software, virus checking, setting up local networks, etc,etc..

Also make sure to make some business cards to give out. To be legit you also should register your business name with the town and get a tax id. You do not have to incorporate or anything. If you have any questions feel free to send me an email.

SirFWALGMan said...

You could also do backups and small business web sites... setting up a single pager that just says "Eat at Joes" is easy stuff...