Monday, January 10, 2011

A New Years Resolution I might stick with...

When asked what I wanted for Christmas, I really had no idea. Then one day, probably while taking a shit, I decided I watch too much TV. Like 4 out of 5 weekday evenings revolved around television programs. And that's even working the DVR overtime. Something has to give. There really isn't that much quality content on the TV!


So I decided to ask for a Kindle for Christmas. I have to say, I love this thing! I'm addicted to reading again. I started out trying to read Gulliver's Travels since it was free on Amazon's Kindle store. About 1/2 way thru, I gave up. Just plain boring IMO. Then I moved onto another freebie, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. It was better than Gulliver's Travels, but the tales all felt like they needed a little more meat.

Then, I found a jackpot download on everyone's favorite bay ... where all the pirates hang out. 972 Kindle books in one download. BOOM! Packed full of awesome books. I decided I had avoided the Harry Potter books long enough. So I've dove into that series head first. I'm really enjoying the books. I had avoided them in the past because I thought they were for kids. But then I realized, I'm just an overgrown kid, so it's probably for me.

I'm going to finish off the Potter series (probably sooner than later). Then it's time to decide what's next! In the meantime, I'm suffering zero withdrawals from my lack of TV.

0 comments: