Friday, April 18, 2008

Good times with good friends

Tonight is an exciting night. It's going to be our first bonfire of the year. I'm stoked because I got reason to celebrate. I am now out of the debt cycle and don't plan on getting back into any bad debts any time soon. It's all about getting out of the rat race now. So now big screen TVs, no new guitars, no new bowling balls, Playstations, whatever. I will remain disciplined and continue to pay myself first. Sure, I'll still buy toys for myself, but with cash only and only after every other affair has been taken care of first.

Anyway, back to tonight, we have several people that should be there. The weather is going to be nice. I am just going to enjoy the night and the good times. There's always drinking, some BS getting tossed around. We cook weiners and marshmallows over the fire. Spook usually serenades us with drunken songs he made up because when he's drunk he can't remember the words to anything else, however he won't be there tonight. But there will be many more fires to come.

Tonight kicks off my new lifestyle. The new me! Out with the bad, in with the good me. I'm going to enjoy the night and then get started in the morning bright and early. I have to buy a new lawn mower, get my hair cut, and change the oil in both vehicles. The new me gets shit done.

-----

Things I plan on doing this weekend:

Friday night:
o Grocery shop (stuff for bonfire and groceries for me)
o Buy a blender
o Bonfire

Saturday:
o Purchase a riding mower
o Get haircut
o Begin yard work

Sunday:
o Probably finish up yard work
o Relax with some baseball

At some point over the weekend, I want to get a bottle of wine or 2. It's cigar season and I figure a good wine should go pretty well with a tasty cigar. I don't want to get anything really expensive. I'm interested in more bang for the buck. I'm not a big fan of alcoholic drinks, but some of those wines looks just too damn good!

0 comments: