Friday, May 16, 2008

Woohoo! It's Friday night and I got plans. My favorite local band is playing at the bar just below my house. I'm within walking distance to the place. I'm also in a celbratory mood with the home refi and house remodel being a success. Things might get a little hairy. Then again, I have plans tomorrow morning as well.

Yesterday was my mother's birthday. She turned the big 60. She refused a big party like the one we threw for my Dad year before last. But we gave her a week long celebration with Mother's Day and all thrown in for good measure. We had already done the dinner with the family thing on Tuesday because my Dad works out of town and would not be in town on Mom's B-day. So I took Mom out last night, just the 2 of us. We went to my favorite Mexican restaurant, El Mariachi's. I like the restaurant more for the people than the food. The food is decent and all, but I have grown to know few of the hombres that run the restaurant over the past few years and they are good people. So I frequent their establishment more than most. We both had the fried beef Chimichanga's and they were excellent.

After dinner, my aunt was making dessert pizzas for Mom's b-day. I hate dessert pizzas. I went and conversed with the family a bit and got to see my new cousin again. She's 6 weeks old now. In addition to the dessert pizza, we had vegggie pizzas which stunk like ass if you ask me. I can't stand teh smell of brocoli.

After dessert, I wasn't ready to go home yet. So I headed to my buddy Spook's house to watch the band practice. They sounded pretty tight and I'm pumped to hear them play tonight. I'm hoping the weather shapes up so they can play outside, but it looks like mother nature is gonna be the fickle cunt she always is and make it rain all damn day.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Roanoke...victory shopping. I am going to replenish my wardrobe, then going to get a nice big meal and go home stuffed. Gluttony baby!

0 comments: